Posted: March 14, 2017
Primarily Lakefield pit; however, temporary assignment to other pit locations in the Peterborough area is a possibility.
- Seasonal (April – November)
- 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 5 days per week
- flexibility regarding occasional extended hours or Saturday mornings
Summary Description of Position:
Dispatching Duties: Responsible for receiving and processing customer orders and inquiries. Schedule delivery of aggregate by truck, assuring order is delivered correctly and at requested time, location. Maintain records of daily production orders. Responds to customer questions and concerns by phone or in person to maintain good customer relations.
Scale Operating Duties: Weigh delivery trucks and communicate order information to the driver. Process credit / cash sales, prepare shipping information for invoicing. Maintain accurate account records.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
- good verbal communication skills
- answer telephone in a timely, pleasant and professional manner
- demonstrate a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers
- identify all necessary customer needs in a single interaction and convey information to delivery truck driver
- manage time and prioritize effectively
- desire and willingness to learn and grow professionally
- punctuality and some scheduling flexibility
- High School Diploma
Skills and Requirements:
- working knowledge of computer ie, internet, Windows and Microsoft Office programs
- good math skills, ability to multitask, anticipate and navigate thru troubles
- ability to read and understand maps, providing accurate deliver directions
- valid driver’s license
- general knowledge of the aggregate/construction and/or trucking industry would be helpful
Please forward resume to: email@example.com